North Point Tower, Milwaukee WI
Scope of work:
Window Restoration, Masonry Restoration, Stone Restoration
The City of Milwaukee was authorized by the Wisconsin Legislature to construct the water tower in 1871. Designed by Charles A. Gombert, it was built out of limestone from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin to house the wrought iron standpipe. The North Point Water Tower was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. According to the standards set out by the U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service, we set to work with extreme caution. Key components of this project were window and steel restoration, interior brick wall tuckpointing and exterior stone restoration.